We went on holiday in the penultimate week of May, stomping around Ullswater. Hence no update that week.
On our return, we set about decorating our main bedroom. A truly titanic task it was. Firstly rectifying all the faults the previous owners had inflicted on the walls: imagine large gouges in the wall where they dug into it trying to get wallpaper off, then they appeared to use a yard brush to paint the walls, having first swept the yard with it. Huge lumps and streaks of paint, some 1 mm or more high. No attempt to mask off light switches, skirting boards, door frames or wall hooks. Gobs of paint all over all of them. Sheesh, some people.
Anyway, I was too knackered after painting to disappear down to Manor farm on Friday evening the first week were were back; and too busy painting on the weekend.
Last Friday evening was simply too hot, in excess of 25C. In the end, I visited Manor farm at 5:30 am this Sunday morning. Already it was quite hot!
I will fill in the missing two weeks, but first I felt it important to reveal how much progress Inert have made over the past three weeks - basically since it stopped raining.
My cartography skills are not the best, not helped by FastStone's graphics editor, but this is my best stab at conveying how much infill has taken place. The yellow bit is what Inert have accomplished over the past three/four weeks.
A polite notice first: All photographs on this blog are owned by me and subject to copyright.